The strategy aims to develop complementary and strengthening communication activities to the one already inter-personally realized in order to promote safe water consumption in the population as a preventive measure of diarrhea, particularly in children under 5 years old children.
The overall objective of this project is to promote the practice of disinfecting water and disinfected water consumption in homes and educational units in the project implementation area.
The beneficiaries we are expecting to adopt healthy behavior are: children, children education responsible (grandparents, mothers, fathers and older siblings) and teachers.
Specific objectives are threefold:
- Improve qualitatively and quantitatively the knowledge about safe water (SODIS, boiling and chlorine).
- Improve qualitatively and quantitatively the knowledge about the importance (benefits) that children always drink disinfected water.
- Improve qualitatively and quantitatively the knowledge about the consequences of the children non-disinfected water consumption.
Changing bad attitudes of beneficiaries:
- Achieving that target audiences prefer disinfected drinking water when they are thirsty.
Improve the practices of the beneficiaries:
- Manage that children get involved in the implementation and consumption of drinking water both in school and at home.
- Ensure that teachers and families provided disinfected water when they want to drink.
- Ensure that teachers and encourage the parents, mothers and others children responsible continuous monitoring on safe water consumption.
- Then we are going to make a brief description of the characterization each of the public and an outline of the conduct and / or attitudes to be achieved in each of them.
Download final report