A world of safe drinking water and health for families.
We promote solutions to improve access to health and safe drinking water. With that aim, we co-operate with public, private and development sectors for the benefit of the Latin American families.
Simple solutions that save lives.
Main objective.- By spreading simple techniques for water disinfection, hygiene and sanitation, SODIS helps families in Latin America to have safe drinking water and improve their health.
- Goal 1.- Through scientific studies and co-operation with research centers and universities, deepen our knowledge about techniques aimed to improve the quality of water and social processes that help the spread and acceptance of disinfection and hygiene habits.
- Goal 2.- Establish a data base and make our knowledge on safe drinking water available to everyone who is interested, through information services and technical and professional training sessions.
- Goal 3.- In co-operation with remarkable public institutions, implement testing and demonstration projects for water disinfection and household hygiene practices, in order to develop and assess different methods for the distribution and creation of new habits.
- Goal 4.- Offer a range of high-quality services that provide advice for projects and programs about safe drinking water, hygiene and sanitation, from the planning stages to the post evaluation. These services are to be directed to different populations (rural and urban areas, children, adults, etc.) and cover emergency situations, such as those caused by floods, droughts, etc.
- Goal 5.- To influence rules, policies and regulations governing safe drinking water, education and hygiene by lobbying and other communication in order to make them fairer and more adequate for a universal access to safe drinking water, adequate sanitation and improved hygiene.